Fee Disclaimer: Fees for the courses does not represent income to the American Heart Association. Course fees are not refundable
Exemplar Education provides American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers classes to Alexandria, Northern Virginia and the Washington DC Metro Area. Our courses features a state of the art visual experience and the highest quality technologically advanced manikins and simulation equipment. Exemplar Education's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers classes cover the following as required by the American Heart Association.
The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
• Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
• Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
• Video-based course with real world scenarios
• High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS Provider Class Registration